Hygiena ATP Swabs: Quickly and Easily Test for Cross-Contamination
The quality of the test results, of course, can only be as good as sample collection allows—and these tests come with ATP swabs that make gathering a sample quick, easy, convenient, and accurate. For guidance in choosing what products you need for your industry, please contact us online or call 888-489-9226.
ATP Swab Tests: Allergens
ATP allergen tests: Options include gluten test kits; ones that test for glucose, lactose, and protein. No matter which ones your organization needs, Hygiena’s ATP tests facilitate the examination of surfaces, food, and drink for contaminants. This in turn allows food manufacturers, commercial kitchens, environmental cleaning companies, and businesses in many other industries to rapidly respond to the presence of allergens and, as needed, take immediate corrective actions.
Each of these allergen tests are easy to use and interpret. Their consistent use can prevent allergen cross-contamination in a highly effective, holistic way, which will help to protect the health of customers. It allows companies to improve upon and then verify cleaning protocols to also protect their reputations. These ATP swabs can even cut through the biofilm that forms when microorganisms come in contact with food and moisture and allow companies to address biofilm-related hygienic issues.
Specific types of allergen tests with ATP swabs include the following:
- AllerFlow gluten testing kit: This kit comes with pre-measured allergen swabs that quickly indicate the presence of any gluten surface residue. This includes barley, oat, rye, and/or wheat without having any corn, rice, or soy cross-activity.
- GlutenTox® Pro: This test kit identifies 33-mer peptide, the antibody that triggers an allergic reaction in people with celiac disease. It quickly allows you to recognize this gluten fraction in food, drinks, and surfaces to avoid accidental contamination.
- AllerSnap™ Rapid Protein Residue Test: Quickly detect any protein residue on surfaces, using pre-moistened swabs that allow you to receive consistently reliable results. The more protein that remains, the darker the color change will be.
- AlerTox® Sticks: This rapid, user-friendly test is specifically designed to detect the presence of allergy-producing antigens in food and drink, as well as on surfaces without any cross-reactivity. Testing kits produce highly reliable results.
- PRO-Clean Rapid Protein Residue Test: Simply swab a surface to accurately verify the cleanliness of food equipment surfaces. If protein residue is present, the regent will turn purple — the more contamination, the quicker the color changes and the darker it becomes.
ATP Swab Tests: Organisms
With ATP organism tests, your organization can conveniently check for the presence of Salmonella, Enterobacteriaceae, and more, which makes them crucial tests for environmental cleaning organizations, the food and beverage industry, and so forth. When residue is spotted, you can immediately focus on improving cleaning protocols for enhanced safety levels and also speed up product to market time.
With organism tests, you may hear references to “indicator organisms.” These microorganisms are ones chosen to check for pathogen presence, such as in a food production line.
Each of these organism testing systems is preset with pass/fail levels that, overall, are optimal for facilities. We’ve arrived at these levels after years of testing and by also referring to results of independent scientific research. If new to ATP testing, these thresholds usually are a good place to start; as needed, you can adjust them for your own unique requirements.
Tests include the following:
- MicroSnap™Total: When enzymes that share characteristics of viable bacteria are present, a light generating signal is given and quantified so your company can enhance cleaning protocols.
- MicroSnap™ EB Test Kit: You can test for raw materials before processing as well as to conduct plant environment monitoring of equipment and surfaces, plus use them for quality assurance.
- MicroSnap™Coliform: This bacteria is found in the digestive tracts of animals as well as in soil and plant material. You can easily detect and quantify Coliform with this test.
- MicroSnap™ E. coli: Your company can get same day results for the presence and quantity of E. coli with this easy to use pass/fail environmental and product testing kit.
- InSite Listeria: This swab test allows you to get on-site screening results for listeria in just 24 to 48 hours, which eliminates the frustrating wait times from outside labs.
- Hygiena™ InSite Salmonella: Test quickly and easily for Salmonella with this simple to interpret test. When this residue is present, the sample liquid changes from purple to bright yellow.
ATP Swab Tests: Surface, Water, and Enzyme
ATP surface, water, and enzyme efficiency tests permit you to test for the presence of ATP, quickly and easily. This organic compound (adenosine triphosphate) serves as the energy source for living cells and, when residue remains on surfaces, dangerous cross-contamination may exist. These Hygiena tests are highly sensitive, which allows you to effectively obtain results and enhance cleaning protocols.
Ideally, testing for ATP should take place after surfaces have been cleaned but not yet sanitized. If that isn’t possible, perhaps because you can’t test immediately after cleaning, go ahead and sanitize and then test. Most sanitizers will not affect results. These tests include:
- SuperSnap™: Detect extremely low ATP levels with this super sensitive allergen cross-contamination prevention device; it’s also the test of choice with harsh samples.
- UltraSnap™: This all-in-one ATP surface test is easy to use with a high degree of sensitivity. You benefit from reliable results in 15 seconds, with a cost that’s 50% less than other choices.
- AquaSnap™: This test determines the microbial contamination of samples by comparing free ATP in solution with ATP that is released from organic matter.
- CrossCheck: Measure raw meat enzymes on finished products and where food has come in contact with surfaces with this test that can detect down to .1% or less.
- SpotCheck: Detect the presence of glucose and lactose on any surface with SpotCheck. Simply swab a surface to release the regent, and if any residue containing glucose and/or lactose is present, the regent will turn green. The more contamination present, the quicker the color changes and the darker the color.
ATP Swab FAQs
How does ATP swab testing work?
A bioluminescence test is performed by the reader with results reported, often directly by the reader, within 15 seconds on average. Many readers can also save reading histories digitally so that results can be tracked and monitored over time.