Test in-house, save valuable time.
InSite Listeria complements your lab testing with quick on-site screening results in just 24-48 hours. Eliminate the lengthy wait time for outside lab results and get ahead of contamination issues.
Easy-to-interpret color results.
It doesn’t take a microbiologist to understand these results. When Listeria species is present in a sample, the liquid media changes color from amber to black.
- Delivers results in 24-48 hours
- Cost-effective test
- Self-contained reagent- no transfers minimizing the chance of contamination
- Color-changing device is easy to interpret
- Only equipment required is a 37°C ± 1° incubator – reduces materials and labor
- Snap-Valve™ technology – snap & squeeze
- Large 2.5-inch foam swab for maximum sample pickup
- Write-on swab label for easy sample identification
- Presumptive positive results are available for the most common Listeria spp in as little as 30 hours at levels as low as 1-10 CFU/mL
- Presumptive positive samples should be confirmed by streaking sample onto commonly used selective Listeria agar plates such as Modified Oxford agar, Palcam agar, or any other recognized confirmatory procedure. Typical Listeria colonies on selective agar plates could then be further analyzed by more definitive tests such as microscopy, biochemical tests, etc.
- Compared to UVM and BLEB, provides superior/equivalent recovery and faster detection of as low as 10-50 heat injured Listeria monocytogenes/mL within ~24-30 hours of incubation.
- Provides higher level of selectivity and sensitivity for heat injured L. monocytogenes under binary competition conditions compared to BLEB and UVM media
- 12-month shelf life at refrigerated temperatures (2 – 8 °C)